Cora 5 months home

Cora 5 months home

Day 5


Dear Cora, You have shown me the true Cora today. A day on the town and playing in the garden has shown me exactly what you can do and how happy you are. You love everything about life and seem to get all the attention that you want from everyone you meet. I believe you have a special gift to touch the hearts of everyone you meet, even if they are not ready for it. I have also learned that you can outrun me with no effort!

Today is a free day. We get to sleep in, play in the bath, and spend the day as we wish until Sophie calls us. We eat in the room, play in the garden area, walk around the hotel, and go to McDonalds. Every child has to love McDonalds, nope. Cora does not want to eat but does not want to throw it away so we take it home. Cheryl and I decided that it would be so nice just to sit back and enjoy the day in the garden and eat chocolate so we look for a market. 7/11? There is a 7/11 in China. It is not quite like ours but is always nice to see something familiar to us. We decide on Haagen-Dazs ice cream.
Cora loved the garden and running around. We had workers ask if we needed anything but they stayed to watch her. She kept going to the fountain and wanted to play in the water; finally I gave in and started to play in the water with her. If only I could explain to you the looks on the faces of those watching us. Soon there were many more workers gathered to watch Cora play. There was an Englishman that was trying very hard to work on documents and talk on the phone. I kept apologizing to him for our behavior and Cora soon figured out how much I was worried. She decided that he was her new target. She was soaking wet. Documents plus leather brief case plus wet child equals disaster! Of course Cora touches his heart and he starts watching and laughing at her. Every time we ran into him for the rest of the day he had to wave, smile, and ask how she was doing. My ice cream melted during this adventure but Cora still wanted hers. I tried to get her to sit on the swing and eat but she had a different plan. She walked the garden looking at everything and ate.

Today was a great day but we have to pack and get ready for our flight to Guangzhou. Cora helped pack by unpacking everything I put in. Finally getting the top closed we kept her from emptying it by letting her climb on it. We are all tired and even little Cora feel to sleep quickly on the floor after another bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment